Wednesday, November 24, 2010

NOS ENERGY/93X DRIFT COMPETITION















So the 2010 season didn't exactly go as planned, but none the less- ended on a pretty good note.











Up until about August I worked on the car day and night. I didn't spend enough time with my family and my young daughter, so needless to say- It took its toll on me.

Once the issues with the head were resolved, we street tuned it on racegas and proceeded to pound the snot out of it. Fun times, but I can tell you that it needs a standalone like Kanye West needs a muzzle.






Started the season off by pulling an all nighter @ Elite the night before the NOS Energy Drink/93X drift competition and movie night.






Practice started in the morning. Got the car running and street tuned by 4PM. Drove to the track and made 2 practice runs after over a year without driving. It felt good even though I could not stretch the center of the track without using the manji technique. (a year without driving and then hopping into a new set up will do that to a guy.. lol)
Qualifying started and I made a decent run. Qualified 6th.

1st round of competition I was paired up with a good guy with a good name.
-Sam Lindsay in his 240sx hatch (SR20DET)
Sam spun out so all I had to do was not spin and move on. So moved on to the great 8.
Check out the vid link below

Guess who I get paired up with? None other than my best friend and teamate- Audi Riza in his S13 coupe KA-T Drift missle.
We were both excited and nervous as all hell.
I was literally sweating like a whore in church.
I went first since Audi qualified higher than me. I layed down a solid run.

Audi was making solid runs with a good amount of smoke all night. But this run I think the hype got to him and he straightened out coming out of the bank. I move on to Top 4.

Next up I'm paired up against none other than "Trapper" Dave in his 1JZ s14 from hell.
After my first run I pulled into the pits, but they turned me around for a one more time!
We went again and my tyres were fucked. I thought for sure that I lost so I drove back to the pits. Then I hear screaming "SAM! SAM! ONE MORE TIME!!!
I quickly swapped tyres courtesy of Max Crocker and got back out there and WON!
Check out the vid link below.

Moved on to the championship against Mr. Consistant himself, Kevin Hilgers in his SR powered kouki S14.
We both had a decent run (at best) and a one more time was called. I straightened out on the opening entry!!! D'OH!!! Kevin won! I got 2nd! It was awesome!











Couldn't have lost to a better guy. He is an awesome driver to say the least.
What a 1st day driving the car!!!! SOOO MUCH FUN!


Thank you for the support peeps! You guys get me so pumped up! I love it!
























No comments:

Post a Comment